Thursday, March 8, 2012

One month down, five to go

February 7, 2012 was our sad day. March 7, 2012 was a very unexceptional day. I guess, in the long run, that is the goal. I have a friend who has often referred me to the blog Sacred Mundane. Those words alone envoke a lot of thoughts. God calls my life sacred, holy not because it is extraordinary, but because it is His. This last month has been the process of settling into a new normal, but continuing to be the way we've always lived: simple, peaceful, joyful, moving forward. I believe we have carried on with our sacred mundane lives to the glory of God. The kids display none of the horror story "military brat" symptoms, and I hope the same can be said for me. We talk about Steve all the time, and the girls are excited about the changes in our lives that will make him so proud. Elizabeth is excited to learn to swim with "no floaties" and surprise her Daddy. Genevieve lost a tooth and the first thing she said about it was, "I want to tell Dad!" I think my deepest desire is that he'll come home and be proud of his wife. When I think about what life is like on the sub, when I think about how hard it must be to be away from us all, I just want to do my very best for this man.

No comments: